Set Up Your Football Squares Site Now!
How to Play Football Squares
There are many different variations of how people play football squares, also known as Super Bowl Squares. Most people play during the Super Bowl, but squares can be played for any other game, or in some cases you can use the same squares for multiple games (Example: NFL Playoffs). Basics of the Game:
- Start with an empty 10 by 10 grid. This will give you 100 Squares that you can let your Users select.
- Now assign one team to the columns, and one to the rows.
- Begin recruiting your Users to join your Football Squares pool. If you use our site to Play Football Squares Online, this will be a much easier process since you can simply email everyone the link to your site and let them choose their squares. If you decide to use a Spreadsheet or Printable Sheet, then this process will take you a lot more time simply because of having to try and share a single sheet or spreadsheet.
- Once all the squares have been filled, it is time to assign the numbers. Randomly assign numbers 0 through 9 to each column, followed by doing the same for each row. Now each square represents a specific score in the game based on the column and row numbers.
- Your Football Squares grid is now complete, and you just need to wait til the game is played to determine who will be your winners. A winner is usually determined at the end of the 1st quarter, 2nd quarter, 3rd quarter, and Final Game score. The winner is determined by looking at the last number in each of the teams' score, and then matching those numbers on the grid and seeing which square intersects those two numbers. If the score at the end of the game is AFC 33, and NFC 24, then the square on the grid that has AFC with number 3, and NFC number 4, would be the winner.
- Payouts for the winners vary depending on your setup, but usually the 1st through 3rd quarter get about 20% of the pot each, and the final score would get the remaining 40%.